Sunday, November 15, 2009

Home Schooling Articles:



Home Schooling, Information for The Beginner:

Hello.

Today we are going to share with you, some information about home schooling. You are going to find, that my family is a "Home Schooling Family." We have been at home with our children's education for over three years. I honestly believe that the public schools are nothing more than society's cheap day care resource. Why? Well because the governmental agencies have squandered the revenues, which were to be set aside for educating our children, to finance their raises and lifestyles, not to mention "ear-marked" projects.

School programs, which are designed to develop our child's skills and to develop interactions skills, are being closed. Teachers, whom are advocates for our kids, are being taken out of jobs and put on the streets. Music and sports have been cut or significantly positioned as non-essential, for the development of our future leaders.


Schools and Teachers Are Having Their Hands Tied.

We all have heard that teachers salaries have been reduced. Yet, we also hear the Teacher's Unions threatening strikes, to obtain raises. Yes, the teachers we all know and love are getting raises. However, their class room supplies and resources are being cut to give them those raises. Class room sizes are increasing, which place too much demand on our teachers, which takes away from our children's learning.

Back in the times, when I and probably you as well, I recall teachers having conferences with our parents. In those meetings, and at Open House functions, teachers have always asked parents to become more involved with their child's or children's education. Now more than ever, if you intend on doing this, your child needs this interaction and assistance. It should not have to be extended to the point that our school's teachers need the assistance, as well.

You see, even if you are not wishing to take the responsibility to home school, getting involved is the only way your child will get the "best" education. The teachers will assist in every way possible, to enhance your ability to work with your kids, by giving you information on what the child needs are. In some cases, if the teacher feels you are being genuinely interested, he/she will help provide materials to you.

Yes, I feel that I have the right and obligation to say, "Our Schools", in a present tense. Since my tax dollars still go towards paying for community schools. Even though we are home schooling our children, it serves for me to assert this in the interests of illustrating, that we have became involved with our children's education. However, it is noted that this option is not for every family, nor is every parent or child, cut out for home schooling.

I hope you enjoyed the first installment, of my blogging efforts. Please visit the links here in this and other blog entries. Yes, they go to both hub pages and to sponsored sites. Mostly hub pages, that were authored by myself. I look forward to seeing you around, and please come back again. Thank you.

Some Articles, I Have Written On Another Site

I have written some articles, on hubpages, which were designed to help those of you whom are looking at the possibility in home schooling your child(ren). I am intending on expanding these articles, or even merging some of the information, here on my blog, for ease. However, this will have to wait, for a later time.

I do encourage everyone to visit the alternate site, by clicking on the "hubpages" link, above or here. If you decide to use the highlighted link, you will be taken to my profile page, on the site, which will show you all of the articles, posted by myself. This site, will also allow you to preview some of my work; as well as give some insight on what to expect here on my blogs.

Please feel free to rate the articles and explore some of the content, I have posted at my hubpage site. It is the only way I have to figure out, what you like or dis-like. You can also leave comments here, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment